Benefits of Treating Your Hair With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is rapidly becoming more popular and pros are sure that once you find out all coconut oil benefits on hair, you’ll never prefer anything else!
Coconut oil with its rich antioxidants, and antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties keep the hair strong, nourished and protected from the effects of premature ageing, like baldness and excessive hair loss. It also improves scalp health, fights infections and fungus, supports hair growth, all while adding volume and shine without the common harmful chemicals.
Here are some of the benefits and what makes this oil so special, and why millions of people are using it:
- Dry Hair and Dandruff: Dry hair and often an itchy scalp can be caused by dry skin conditions, sensitivity to the harsh chemicals in hair care products including parabens, propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, and many others. Many prescription and over-the-counter dandruff shampoos can actually make dandruff worse, and don’t fix the root cause of the flakiness. However, using strong hair care products for cleansing, toning and conditioning may lead to a dry and flaky scalp. Coconut oil can be effective in taking care of this sort of dry hair.
- Hair Conditioning: Coconut oil is free of the scary chemicals that lurk in commercial hair products, and is an excellent conditioner, for all types of hair. Use of warm coconut oil helps in keeping hair shimmering and soft. Apply some warm oil at night and wash your hair the next morning. This can be repeated every few days for healthy, strong and conditioned hair.
- Hair Damage: Coconut oil helps prevent hair breakage and reduces split ends, contributing to hair length. Coconut oil rich in lauric acid, has a high hair protein that easily penetrates inside the hair shaft. It can be used for before or after washing your hair.
- Hair Loss: Coconut oil slows down hair loss and has been used since ancient times in India for grooming hair. One such remedy can be prepared in modern times by boiling sage leaves in coconut oil. This mixture can be applied to the scalp for the improvement of healthy hair, and its use will also prevent hair loss.
- Gray Hair and Baldness: Coconut oil is also beneficial for preventing baldness and gray hair and is available in an odorless variety for any and all hair conditions and reap all the benefits of a healthy head of hair!
- Cooling Properties: The application of coconut oil on the head and scalp also has a cooling effect that can cool and soothe people with hot heads, or those who suffer from severe scalp sweating.
- Styling: Coconut oil can be a good styling oil for hair as well, as it melts on heating and then condenses when cooled. Therefore, when you apply it on your hair, it thins and spreads evenly due to the heat of the scalp. Soon afterwards, as the hair comes in contact with air, the oil on the hair condenses, thus working as a styling gel or cream.
Rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, the nourishing benefits of coconut oil is for all hair types and keeps your hair strong, shiny and looking great! Click here to check out our range of Natural Oil Infused Hair Brushes.
Like this? Click here to subscribe to our Newsletter and get a 50% discount voucher!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.