Maintaining and taking care of your hair is as important as taking care of any other part of the body. While you tend to cover up most of your other body parts, your hair is subject to damaging sun rays, pollution, dirt and chemicals.
Today, we are sharing 6 healthy hair-care tips to protect your hair:
- Don’t over wash your hair: Cleaning properties in shampoo can strip your hair of natural oils which can prompt the scalp to release extra sebum resulting in greasy, heavy hair.
- Massage your scalp gently: Massaging your scalp will stimulate circulation and aid in removing dead skin cells. This can also help prevent dandruff which can cause dull and dry hair.
- Rinse with cold water: After conditioning, rinsing your hair with cold water helps to seal the cuticle, making it harder for moisture to enter the hair follicle, which can cause frizz.
- Let your hair dry naturally: Excessive heat from hairdryers can damage hair cuticles making it dry and brittle.
- Well-timed trim: Taking care of your hair with frequent trims (every six to eight weeks) can help keep hair healthy and prevent it from breaking.
- Avoid excessive brushing: Your hair is most fragile when wet so using a natural-bristle brush is softer and more flexible and means less damage to your hair.
BONUS TIP: Of course, the use of hair serums can instantly and easily add gloss to your hair. Just don’t overdo it so you won’t get a greasy head. A little is enough to keep your cuticle smooth.
Give these 6 + Bonus tips a try. Hair care doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming; all you need is to give your crowning glory the right care that it needs. Pay attention to your hair care routine and habits and maintain a healthy diet so you’ll enjoy healthy, silky and bouncy hair all throughout the year.
Which tips are you looking forward to trying? Share with us in the comments section below!
Like this? Click here to subscribe to our Newsletter and get a 50% discount voucher!